07 November 2008

Reprieve

I leave for SlamQuest in 15 minutes. Well, West Side to be precise. But SlamQuest will soon follow.
I'm anxious. Scared, but excited. It's just a weekend, but it's a weekend in which I subject myself as leader to a group of middle-school girls. I'm sure it won't be like Ghormley. For one, there will be even more students. Hurray. Michelle will be there, but at last count, we were being seperated due to overwhelming numbers and overflowing cabins. That's a plus. So crowded there will be people on floors, but numbers also make it difficult for the students to focus, to concentrate and with such short time it's needed as much as possible.
The biggest let down to this whole thing is that WSC Youth Worship Band isn't playing, which is unfortunate. Last year was one of the highest points of worship in my life. It was one of the greatest "highs for Jesus" ever and I'm sure the whole team felt it. It drew us together even more and with so many new members, I wish we could have that experience again. But due to other events, it's not happening. This also means I'll more than likely be scoping out the band that is playing. A part of me hopes they're worse than us, so we can be right and feel even more resentment, but I know that's just the jealousy in me rearing it's ugly head. I hope they're good. I hope they draw the students in. I hope they bring us all together in praise of our King, because that is what this is all about.
So off I go. With uncertainty. Thinking about it now, I get nostalgic for summer. There will be no Kylan to wait for in the morning. No sharpie walri on chests. I may actually feel included b/c I have allies. (Although, Kylan, I do wish you were going.)
I think it's going to be a different experience and I'm excited.

I'm also going to be late....damn.

-KL (runs out door)

No comments: