09 November 2008

SlamQuest Epilogue: Warm Showers & Dry Socks

I feel inclined to write a retraction of a former blog in which I said I was going to die. That didn't happen as I'm sure everybody knew it wouldn't. I am also proud to say I did not kill anyone either. Although there were some close calls involving certain people invited to be leaders doing as little as possible to prove that they were worthy of such a title and some girls staying up way too late talking about--well, that's not important.
Alas, I have made a promise to myself to focus on the positive in this blog.

I did have a good time. I possibly even had a great time. Nothing completely earth-shattering or life-changing or all out spectacular, but in an entirely different way, eye-opening.

I feel pretty confident in saying that I've always been open, accepting, and patient especially when it comes to working with people, but lately God's really been showing me that there's a lot more to it. That I can't just tolerate certain people's existence, but I have to accept that they have their own ways of doing things, their own quirks, their own flaws and even gifts. Burning the candle to the wick, I can't do everything and I can't be everything.
He is amazing and deserves my focus.

And that's all I have to say.

Besides, Linnea just sent me a message to get off the computer and work on my paper. I love that she cares, even if it is to torture me.

-KL

1 comment:

molls said...

ha! you're messaging with little hoff? how cute.
I'm glad you didn't die/commit homicide. also glad the moon wasn't ever blue. I didn't want to tell you, but Spain's a long ways away from Ghormley. it'd be hard to get there in any kind of hurry.
also glad that God is stretching you, however difficult it might be at times. sounds like you're doing good.