02 October 2008

So Much For So Little

I really love days like today. It's pretty much the epitome of a fall day. The sky is gray, it's sprinkling rain on and off, the leaves are caught half-way between green and orange, it's still warm enough to wear short-sleeves (although I am wearing jeans), class got out early. Love it.



Although I wouldn't want days like this all the time. I'm sure I'll grow sick of them by mid-to-late-October, but for now I really appreciate the beauty that comes with a cloudy day.

I was going to post an entirely serparate blog with the following topic, but now that I'm here, I might as well keep on.
We are two weeks into Refinery/BASIC. It's going swimmingly (<-I don't know exactly what that means, but I felt like it applied. edit: dictionary.com says it does). In other words, it's going really well. After literally TONS of self-debate and going over the two groups I have opportunity to work with, I choose to stick with Refinery for Wednesday evenings. I will be with HS on Wednesdays, but still spend quality time with my mid-highers on Sundays at Sunday School and Catalyst. I think it's working out majestically.
Some small difficulities arise when I get nostalgic and think about my small group last year. That was an unbeatable group. But this year is good too, just in different ways.
However, the real problem I have with Wednesdays emerges with worship. I won't go into the details, because it would be a huge rant full of negativeness. If you would, please pray for it and for patience and understanding. I am facing major burnout with it and I do not want worship to hold that place for me or any of the students.

Well, I think it is now time to watch some ANTM before my next class. Hope you're having an awesome 2nd day of October.

-KL

1 comment:

molls said...

antm....yesssss...oh how I miss the cattiness.

I will definitely pray for patience with the rantworthy drama that you're experiencing in worship. How long have you been leading worship for that? Maybe you need a break, to give yourself some time away so that it doesn't become something that feels like a chore or an obligation to you. I never want you to lose the love and passion you have for worship. you're in my prayers.

also, I love how at the beginning of the summer - we saw it on the tape, remember? - you were like, Don't call me KL. And now it's how you sign off. Really..it makes me happy.

love you, my dear, dear friend. God knows what you need.