09 November 2009

Gibberish Slurs

So I finally decided to spend the iTunes gift card I got for my birthday. Well, most of it.
I obviously bought the bonus tracks from the album of the artist(s?) whose names I shall not mention for fear of beating a dead horse.
Also bought Iron On (Kate Cooper!)'s old EP and another album I've been meaning to pick up, Spoons by Wallis Bird.

Now, one of the benefits of enjoying guitar powered music and playing the guitar is that the two can go together. Crazy, I know. Bear with me.

However, I neither have the time or experience to be completely stellar at guitar. Mostly I just mess around and play the same couple songs over and over, repeat.
But listening to Wallis, who rocks the acoustic (and has an amazing Irish accent to boot), I believe I have found the key to becoming a strumming genius.

All I need to do is have a traumatic accident occur in which I lose most of the fingers on my right hand and have all but one of them reattached. Score. Key. Instant success. It has definitely worked for Wallis.

Wait. I don't believe Kaki King has had anything traumatic happen to her digits. Flawed again. Going with hierarchy, Kaki wins any day in my book and thus I shall spare my fingers. That and I'm kinda attached to my pinky finger. Too bad. I really thought I was on to something.

Still a ten-fingered, rambling, guitar player;
-KL

No comments: