09 December 2008

Meet Geraldine, your social worker.

Hello dear reader(s?).

This post is merely a request.
If you do not like requests to be made to you, especially over the internet, then pretend this is the end of the post and go about your merry life.

If however you are willing and able to do something for me, continue.

Request: Please pray for me.

Tomorrow, at noon-thirty, I am picking up a friend and we are having coffee, but more importantly, we are probably going to converse. Without giving too many details, I am about 99% positive that this person is going to tell me something I don't want to hear. Something bad.
I am going to need to be able to react with compassion and generosity (as I was smacked in the face to remember tonight, thanks God). I don't have much confidence I can do this. Not in this situation anyways. More than likely, I will stew in silence and not say anything for fear of screaming in a public place, or possibly attack the very chair I will be sitting on in brute and merciless force.

I am not looking forward to the (potential) disaster tomorrow brings and would radically appreciate your prayers.

Flabergastion awaits,
-KL


Attempt to lighten the mood...

2 comments:

molls said...

(a) why Geraldine?
(b) I will most certainly pray for you, for patience and compassion and the presence of mind to rein in your immediate reacion, even though it would be way more fun to see you attack a chair. Let me know how that goes.
(c) I LOVE cyanide and happiness.
(d) movie night when I come home, please? only 18 days left.

Sarah said...

it's 12:30 your time.
praying for you friend!