21 August 2008

Beginning with Good-bye

Being my first blog ever (on blogspot anyways), I feel it is necesary to start with something dramatic:

there is a spider on the wall.

Could you feel the tension mounting?

No. Really. I do have something to say that does delicately pull at my heartstrings. Within the last few hours, I have said good-bye to some of the most amazing people. Some I will see again soon. Others, not so much. Though I will miss them all very, very much each day that they are gone.

Things will NOT be the same without them. I won't be able to get in my car at 9 am on Monday for school and not want to automatically go the opposite direction to the church. I won't be able to walk into the WSN narthex without wishing there were 7 other people sitting on the couches, waiting for something to do. Sitting relatively by myself on Sunday mornings will be hard as well. When certain songs that begin with "There's a place that I love to run and play" come up in worship, I will have to giggle to myself and silently sing it to Molly and Sarah. Other things that won't be the same: ultimate frisbee, not having something to do every night of the week, making costumes for puppets, seeing Faye and not having 7 other people shout her name in unison, tampons, cupcakes, walking to/from the Center, and so much else.

This summer has been absolutely incredible. It has also been extremely hard. I can't believe it's over. Seems like just last week we were awkwardly sitting in a van, not talking, as we travelled to Campbell Farm. Trying to comprehend that you all will not be in my life on a daily basis is unfathomable. Well, other than John.

In many ways, I think it's harder staying here. Just because so many things will be different. Even the other people staying here will have a different feel to them. They will no longer be the committee to me, or I the Trainee to them. The kids will still be kids, but they won't necesarilly be "mine."

Well, I'm tired of being all melodramatic. And definitely tired of crying. For tonight anyways. I'm sure tomorrow will bring fresh tears.

Srrsly though. To the 7 of you, should you ever read this. The 7 of you who made this summer amazing, who made me laugh harder than I've probably ever laughed, who made me feel loved every moment I was with you, who grew with me in this awesome adventure: THANK YOU.
Damn it, I'm crying again.

No words could ever describe how grateful I am to you and how much I love each and every one of you.

May God bless you and keep you safe and bring us back together again...someday soon.

KL (Knitting&Latch-hooking)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

omg u crI 2!?!

knitting, u haz no ideaz.

srsly. i miss you. a lot.

Kylan Frost said...

You were the BEST partner in crime I could ever ask for!! Don't think this friendship is going to end just because we trainees are breaking apart!!!

John said...

We seriously need to do things, because you at least have school to go to, I'm stuck at home trying to find things to do.