15 August 2010

Quick Kid Quips

Ben leaves for WSU in three days.

Three days later, an exchange student from Germany will manifest his presence in the room on the other side of the other wall in my bedroom.

Two days after that, I start my senior year.

People still ask me what my plan is.
Did I ever really have one?
I'm less concerned with maps of my future and where all these little pieces fit in and more concerned with the floorplan of knowing that they will make sense, that they will fit. That I will be a success not by scrupulous planning and the weights and measures of others' standards, but that I will be a success by my own devices. I will be a success in every way that God planned and willed for me to be.

Now to get off Defense,
-KL

1 comment:

molls said...

man two cougar kids in one family. blech! :D jk loveyouokcool.

and dude...I love remembering and being reminded that we don't have to have everything figured out. God's got it under control; we get to discover it as we go along. And srsly now - discovering is sooo much more exciting than planning.

and duh you'll be successful. you're a unicorn-loving, guitar-playing, latte-art-making badass. how could you NOT be successful?