27 January 2010

No Regrets Not This Time

Say "Thank you".

To the mailman
To the volunteers
To the person who makes your coffee or hands you your cheeseburger

To your mentors
To your parents
To the people who have made a difference not only in your life, but in the world.

Two words
They're not that difficult
Though sometimes they stick in my mouth
I've decided to wield their power
So that they will not only change the person I am saying them to, but that they may change me as well.

Often it's the simple things we forget and the simple things that turn a day around.
In our crazy, busy world, it's so easy to get burned out. Recognition of a job well done or appreciation is necessary to keep us vibrant, to extend the wick, to show that we really do matter, what we do is not going unnoticed.

I've written this blog about five different ways in my head within the past hour and a half. This is how it stays, because at the core, this is what I mean.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good reminder.