16 February 2009

If I Keep Up This Way

I admit, the wedding was actually quite good. Many moments of silently chuckling to myself about the little things.

Between "Kevin's Cool Car", aching feet, death-metal-t-shirt-clad-best-men, seeing a smile on her face, being followed by a zombie, having a 12-year-old try and do my hair, and Jewish dancing; it was a good time. And I'm actually somewhat content that it has finally gotten to this point.

The most important part of it all though, was what God convicted me of and spelled out to me the next morning in such a blatant way:
"A friend loves at all times" -Proverbs 17:17
I am so sick of living by a double standard, in so many ways. He's gently nudging me to the truth and giving me the compassion and eyes I need for the road ahead.

-KL


P.S. Two bits of awesomeness, just because it's a holiday (and I need to undermine any seriousness that just went on).





1 comment:

molls said...

ohmygosh I love that video. my design chief at the paper was playing it over and over one night a couple weeks ago...little kids are so freakin weird.

I'm glad it went well. but jewish dancing? are we talking shalom havarim?? couldn't be...