28 September 2008

Where the World Drops Off

I have made a new resolution not to sit at the table while they are having a "discussion" about money or the house.
Dinner is not the time or place for that. Truly I wish there was no place for that. Between his loyalty laying in the national economy and fear of total collapse and her inability to see from anybody else's perspective, the result is quite unpleasant.
I wonder if this is how other children feel. That always other 50%.
Like many other things, it will probably only get worse before it gets better.
I'm worried more about Ben than about them. Thankfully he now has a used-to-be-homecoming-date-and-now-I'm-pretty-sure-she's-his-girlfriend to help him out. He needs that.

I pray that this all gets finished quick and that, if possible, we all come out more or less unscathed. If nothing else, this has given me an amazing opportunity to immerse myself in faith and in Him. May I remember that.

12:12

No comments: